[Biojava-dev] JDK1.5 dependencies woes

Sylvain Foisy sylvain.foisy at bioneq.qc.ca
Tue Oct 18 12:58:45 EDT 2005

Hi to all,

Still some JDK1.5 stuff creeping in CVS in UniProtXMLFormat:

compile-biojava:
    [javac] Compiling 40 source files to
/Volumes/BIONEQ-The_Brain/Java-Librairies/biojava-live/ant-build/classes/bio
java
    [javac]
/Volumes/BIONEQ-The_Brain/Java-Librairies/biojava-live/src/org/biojavax/bio/
seq/io/UniProtXMLFormat.java:389: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method contains (java.lang.String)
    [javac] location: class java.lang.String
    [javac]             if (line.contains("<"+COPYRIGHT_TAG))
XMLTools.readXMLChunk(reader, m_handler, COPYRIGHT_TAG);
    [javac]                     ^
    [javac] 1 error

I would like to move on to JDK1.5 but because we provide a service to many,
we will not be moving toward this anytime soon...

Best regards

Sylvain

Sylvain Foisy, Ph. D.
Directeur - operations / Project Manager
BioneQ - Reseau quebecois de bio-informatique
U. de Montreal / Genome-Quebec

Adresse postale:

Departement de biochimie
Pavillon principal