[Biojava-dev] TaxonSQL not 1.4 compliant

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Mon Oct 10 01:27:50 EDT 2005

Hello -

Someone has placed a modification of TaxonSQL in CVS that contains methods
from JDK1.5. You know who you are : )

Could you please use JDK1.4 "equivalents"

Specifically, there are a number of Integer.instanceOf(int i) calls which
I have fixed in CVS. There are also a couple of uses of the String methods
matches(String regex) and replace(String regex) which I have not tried to
fix. These were only introduced in java 1.5.

Can people please try and avoid using methods that only compile with JDK
1.5 for the time being? They are clearly documented in the javadocs with
Since: 1.5

Thanks,

- Mark

Mark Schreiber
Principal Scientist (Bioinformatics)

Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD)
10 Biopolis Road
#05-01 Chromos
Singapore 138670
www.nitd.novartis.com