[Biojava-dev] Re: [Biojava-l] Java 1.5 (final chance to object)

Marcus Breese mbreese at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 03:47:10 EDT 2005

You may want to think a bit more about converting completely over to 1.5...
There are still a number of platforms that don't have a compatible 1.5 JDK.
Mac OS X still comes with 1.42 standard (1.5 is available, but not
standard). Also, the last time I checked there wasn't an IBM PPC 1.5 JVM,
which means that a number of HPC platforms / clusters will not be supported.

My view on it is that 1.5 is good for apps, but still too new for a critical
library.