[Biojava-dev] Suggestions for the BioJava project

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Wed Aug 17 11:53:45 EDT 2005

> Surely this should be in source-forge or similar? It seems useful way
> beyond biojava. Biojava is not yet using generics or 1.5 language features
> but this will be cool when it does.

You're right, it should probably be moved to source-forge.  But I'm afraid
that without a second or third set of eyes it'll probably just languish
there.  Like I said in my talk at BOSC, there are a lot of wicked smart
java developers on this list, and it's a great place to feel out new
ideas.

As for the 1.5 language features, the key mechanism in this library is to
use different Velocity (http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity) templates to
generate different source code styles.  Thus with a little knowledge of
VTL it would be possible to create non-generic (or Hibernate-compatible,
etc.) styles.

See

> http://tinyurl.com/amx55  (derkholm.net/svn/repos/.../Style.java)
> http://tinyurl.com/dluuc  (derkholm.net/svn/repos/.../resources/...)