[Biojava-dev] GFF3 writer?

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 04:16:23 EDT 2004

On 19 Oct 2004, at 02:54, Smithies, Russell wrote:

> Is anyone working on a writer for GFF3?
> GMOD wants input in this format and I'm not sure if the current
> GFFWriter will do it.

Just been taking a look at the GFF3 spec:

     http://song.sourceforge.net/gff3.shtml

There's one change which definitely makes our current GFFWriter
non-compliant.  GFF2 specified tag-value attribute data with a space
between the tag and value. GFF3 seems to use tag1=value1;tag2=value2
instead.

It shouldn't be too hard to add a GFF3Writer to the existing
bio.program.gff3 package -- basically just change this, plus the
version header at the top :-)

         Thomas.