[Biojava-dev] Alignment algorithms

mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com
Sun Oct 3 21:34:05 EDT 2004

Hi -

I did some work on implementing SW and NW in biojava. It works pretty
well. The only sticking point you will have is the substitution matrices.
Some give scores for ambiguities which you need to be careful of.
Ambiguities in Biojava are not atomic symbols but the substitution
matrices treat them as if they are. It may actually be more realistic to
just average the vaules of whatever the ambiguity is composed of.

Hopefully I can dig up the old code which I can submit as a basis. No
promises. I suffered a HDD failure recently so it may have shuffled off
this mortal coil.

- Mark

Rahul Karnik <rahul at genebrew.com>
Sent by: biojava-dev-bounces at portal.open-bio.org