[Biojava-dev] Alignment algorithms

Rahul Karnik rahul at genebrew.com
Sat Oct 2 21:41:44 EDT 2004

While reading through "Biological Sequence Analysis", I am finding it
useful to reimplement some standard alignment algorithms in Java.
Looking through the current Biojava package, I see that alignment is
limited to HMM based methods. Would there be any interest in patches
that add some standard alignment algorithms to the Biojava package? The
ones I had in mind were Smith-Waterman (with substitution matrices),
ClustalW and TCoffee. Along those lines, what would the appropriate
package to use for such classes? And where should the substitution
matrices go?

Thanks,
Rahul