[Biojava-dev] SNP analyses in Biojava2

Bruno Aranda - eBioIntel bruno.aranda at ebiointel.com
Fri May 14 08:31:59 EDT 2004

Hello everybody,

We are endeavouring a project about SNP and related stuff and, of course,
it will be using BioJava. It is a long term project and we are now in
early design. What I would like it to do is to analyze the SNPs with
summary statistics,  neutrality tests, coalescent and other things. As we
are just in the earliest thoughts and it will be using J2SE 1.5 I think
that all this SNP api would be a good contribution to Biojava 2. So, is
there any specification about, for instance, how to do statistical
equation classes in Biojava 2 (just the classes with the equations to
process statistics)... it is too early for this? Of course I can do it
aside BioJava but, if I make all these classes with the bjv2 phylosophy,
then it will be easier to include them...

Any appreciation is welcome,

Bruno Aranda