[Biojava-dev] release 1.4 timeline

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 14:14:15 EST 2004

Hi,

What's left to add before we make a 1.4 release? It's been a while since
we did a release and 1.3 is starting to look old. Here are my requests:

1) Make biosql work
  * pass unit tests
  * support ontologies

2) Make ontology support work 'well enough'
  * Having written a number of reasoning engines, none of which will be
maintainable by anybody other than me, I propose we just use Jena and
largely dump our code - http://www.hpl.hp.com/semweb/

3) Documentation (Javadoc) fixes - look at the doccheck reports and act
accordingly

What else needs doing? Who will volunteer for parts of these?

Matthew