[Biojava-dev] Perl2Java

mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com
Wed Jun 9 20:51:48 EDT 2004

You could probably make a Perl compiler that makes Java bytecode or you
could do it at a lower level. There was also an attempt to make BioPerl
and BioJava interact at the CORBA level that only had limited success and
has now been abandoned.

What you might want to try and do is make something like Jython for Perl
so you could embed Perl snippets in Java programs. I think that might be
useful although you might have to call it Jerl ;-)

- Mark

Mark Schreiber
Principal Scientist (Bioinformatics)

Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD)
10 Biopolis Road
#05-01 Chromos
Singapore 138670
www.nitd.novartis.com