[Biojava-dev] [biojava-builder] BioJava nightly build report

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Sat Feb 28 12:06:28 EST 2004

On 28 Feb 2004, at 05:20, autobuilder at derkholm.net wrote:

> BioJava automatic build system, run 20040228
>
> Binary build: OK
> Javadocs build: OK
> Core test suite: FAILED
>
> The core test suite is failing -- please investigate the following
> tests:
>
>   * org.biojava.bio.symbol.SimpleAtomicSymbolEventTest
>   * org.biojava.bio.symbol.SimpleBasisSymbolEventTest
>   * org.biojava.bio.symbol.SimpleSymbolEventTest

These look like test-suite bugs -- they weren't expecting Symbol
implementations to defensively copy the Annotation bundle you pass to
their constructor.  I've fixed the tests to handle this case now.

More general point: defensive copies should probably be documented, to
avoid nasty object-ownership confusions.

     Thomas.