[Biojava-dev] Hi need some help in retrieving sequences using NCBISequenceDB class

mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com
Mon Apr 26 22:37:08 EDT 2004

Hi Sumarthi,

I don't think you will be able to perform such a complex query with the
NCBISequenceDB class. The class is really only intended to retrieve
sequences when you know the accession number. Your query will probably
return several accession numbers probably over both protein and DNA.

I would suggest you perform some sort of query to retreive the accessions
you need and iterate over them passing each one to the NCBISequenceDB's
getSequence(String id) method.

Hope this helps,

Mark Schreiber
Principal Scientist (Bioinformatics)

Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD)
10 Biopolis Road
#05-01 Chromos
Singapore 138670
www.nitd.novartis.com