[Biojava-dev] Oracle Database?

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Mon May 12 11:22:45 EDT 2003

Once upon a time, Vaibhav Agrawal wrote:
> Hi!
> Does bioJava support Oracle, and if yes which version, and do i have
> have to download some jars.
> As when i try to run UploadFlat.java file, i get this exception.

There is not currently any Oracle support, but several people
have expressed an interest on the mailing lists.  Most recently:

    http://biojava.org/pipermail/biojava-dev/2003-April/000550.html

In principle, the oracle port shouldn't require changing
very much code.  But I don't have oracle installed myself
so I can't go into specific details right now.

     Thomas.