[Biojava-dev] AceDB URLs

Philip MacMenamin pm66 at nyu.edu
Wed Apr 9 17:08:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am looking at the demo code written to connect with AceDB ie:

AceURL dbURL = new AceURL("acedb://" + user + ':' + passwd + '@' + host + ':'
+ port);

This code works when run on command line. What I dont understand is that
"acedb://" is not a valid protocol. Is it? TCP is a valid protocol, UDP is a
valid protocol, but acedb is not. So how does this work?

The reason I ask this is that I am trying get a servlet to connect to an
acedb, and I am being told that acedb is not a valid protocol. Which appears
to be right to me, but then how does it work on the demo?

I also ask again, is *anyone* actually using java to talk to an acedb?
Private mails on this are fine, its just I would like to have more code to
look at in use. The documentation seems a little sparse.
--
Philip