[Biojava-dev] FW: Suffix tree

Francois Pepin francois.pepin@mail.mcgill.ca
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:05:31 -0500

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone planning on doing a new version of the SuffixTree? Is
there a reason I shouldn't go and do it myself?

I've got a pretty good implementation of Ukkonen's suffix tree algorithm
that I shouldn't need to modify all that much to fit the current
methods, and it should make it a lot faster for the tree creation
(O(n)). It's also got a lot more features than the current one (since I
needed it to do some ).

Or would it be better to just have it subclass it and override
everything and then people can see what it's worth?

François Pepin