[Biojava-dev] module biojava-ensembl fails to build

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:47:55 +0100

Hi Mike,

Practicaly all the stuff I moddified for the Changeable APIs is on its
own branch, waiting for devel people to look at it and decide if the new
API is completely mad or if we can work with it. I'm not sure what
changes there have been to Changeable on the trunk, and ensembl should
be compiling against that.

I think version 1.2 of Changeable has an additional method vs 1.1:

public boolean isUnchanging(ChangeType ct)

You just return true if you /know/ that that change type (or anything
descended from it) can never be fired by that object/class. A safe
default implementation returns false always - no assumptions will be
made in this case.

Does that help?

Send the list diffs or the files (assuming it's not in the MB range of
changes) and we will get them merged in.

If you think you will be wanting to help maintain this, or other biojava
code, then we can sort you out with read/write access.

Matthew