[Bio-packaging] testing out guix

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public66 at thebird.nl
Sun Jun 21 09:16:08 UTC 2015

Since we are adding packages to GNU Guix at such a rapid rate, I
propose we announce them here too when they go in.  That way others
can see if and when something useful happens. Lately we added:

  Couger (Ricardo)
  bedops (Ricardo)
  nsg-sdk (Ricardo)
  HTSlib (Ricardo)
  OrfM (Ben)
  hmmer (Ben)
  diamond (Ben)
  fasttree (Ben)
  ruby-2.1.6 - in addition to 1.8.7 and 2.2.2 (Pjotr)

See also http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm

and Ricardo added the following Python packages:

  python-scikit-learn: Update to 0.16.1.
  python-scikit-learn: Use OpenBLAS instead of ATLAS.
  python-scipy: Build with OpenBLAS and lapack.
  python-numpy-bootstrap: Add lapack to inputs.
  python-numpy: Build against OpenBLAS.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/gnu/packages/python.scm

Pj.