[Open-bio-l] Intro Bioinformatics Course?

Steve Mitchell ixpata at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 19:10:43 UTC 2011

I'm looking for recommendations on good intro bioinformatics courses,
specifically for analyzing medical data, such as adverse effects of
medications. My employer will cover some of the expense, but it may
have to be through a legitimate university. But that said, any and all
recommendations would be appreciated. If there are any good online
courses, those would be great. I have limited programming experience
-- know a tiny bit of Ruby and Ruby on Rails (created a blog using the
RoR intro course) and took a Fortran class a long while ago but
remember basically none of it, know some HTML, wrote one extension for
google Chrome, and that's about it.

Thanks for any suggestions.