[Open-bio-l] Common SQLite3 schema for flat file indexing (a new OBDA standard)?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 20:11:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Chris Fields <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:

> We typically implement multifile indexing in bioperl (either via a
> directory or a list of files).  Not much point in limiting it to one file.

Well, I guess as always it depends on what you're doing - I've
found single file indexes very handy on several occasions.

> Have you looked at the OBDA standard? It is a good start along
> these lines, but I think it dwindled a bit.  Might be worth reworking
> and modernizing it to suit our needs.

I have looked at the OBDA documentation (I might even try and
rewrite support for it in Biopython if anyone was interested), and
an update using SQLite3 seems a sensible approach to try.

Peter