[Open-bio-l] eyeballs needed -- my biosql install diary

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:23:39 +0800 (SGT)

> I've never been able to convince MySQL to store a whole drosophila
> chromosome arm (~20mb) no matter how much I play with the parameters.

We've had similar problems with our biggers scaffolds now...

> We need a way to deal with chrom arms that is MySQL friendly. One plan
> was to "shred" the sequence into chunks and get the adapters to

That was also our plan, I am just wondering, isn't there people out there
who are crazy enough to do similar things? Surely MySQL folks must have
had complaints about it... grrr....

Elia

--
* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *