[GMOD-devel] Re: [Open-bio-l] Schema for genes & features & mappings to assemblies

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:13:57 -0400

 Do you really want to special-case gene structures?  I thought
> that the `idea' of BioSQL was to put everything into a single
> feature table, using tag-value fields for all the non-code bits
> of data on each feature, and an ontology to hold the whole lot
> together.

This is turning on its head everything I thought you guys had decided during
the hackathon.  I thought you were going to be special casing for gene
structures.  What happened; did the tag/value lobby prevail?

Lincoln