[MOBY-l] BioMoby code

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Apr 28 19:38:01 UTC 2010

Hi Bjoern,

Yes, Vanessa wrote to me personally, and then I forwarded it to the
mailing list.  Since Vanessa is in Spain, I thought she might be able to
connect with some of our great Spanish colleagues on the list to get 1:1
help in her own language as she gets started working with Moby :-)

b.t.w.  I would welcome (and encourage!) all Moby'ers to have a look at
the "Moby 2.0" project - SADI (http://sadiframework.org).  It fixes so
many of the problems/irritations we all had with Moby, and we have focused
on the tooling from the get-go.  We already have a Taverna plug-in, as
well as a Protege plugin (design your ontology, then publish it as a SADI
service from inside of Protege!).  Support for Java and Perl at the code
level, of course :-)

You can learn more about SADI from my slide-share presentations:
http://www.slideshare.net/markmoby

We have recently been funded a LOT of money specifically to help people
get started deploying SADI services of their own, so if you want to
participate just let me know!  Everyone welcome, as always!!

Mark

--
Mark D Wilkinson, PI Bioinformatics
Assistant Professor, Medical Genetics