[MOBY-l] visualise data types

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 23:45:29 UTC 2007

> Is there a tool that anyone knows of by which I could dump in all the
> biomoby datatypes and it returns me a tree type of structure (actual visual
> tree)

Yes, it is. But it has not been updated for a long time. I have just tried
and it still work (at least most of the options) - but it can produce too
big pictures (for example with the option -d you get *all* data types). I
was planning to make it better browsable. But it has now a low priority -
but perhaps one day I will return to it by exploring Google maps API for
it...

Anyway, here is how you can use it (of course, you can also read about it
quite comprehensive documentation on the jMoby pages):

cd jMoby
build/run/run-graphs-client -h | less
build/run/run-graphs-client -cachedir myCache -q -d > data.dot
dot -Tpng data.dot > data.png
display data.png

[You need to fill first your local cache. You can use the one created by
dashboard, or update it by another command-line client.

And you need program 'dot' that can convert the created tree into an image.]

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Senger