[MOBY-l] registry messages

Dmitry Repchevsky dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es
Tue Oct 16 13:41:29 UTC 2007

Hello!

I was able to connect the registry using the schema (thx 2 Edward) in
moby docs.
The schemas look to be generated from XML messages (not vice versa).
No problem - it's simple enough to get in.
The problem I have is that different services (schemas) uses similar
objects (Simple, Input, Output...).
As far as I understand they supposed to be the same, but not exactly :-(.
Sometimes the difference is only in namespace (i.e in RegistryService
"Simple.articleName" decrared within a namespace, but not in FindService).
Is this a schema inconsistence or it's really the situation?
Because (by now I tested only findService) in schema we have
[targetNamespace="http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca/MOBY/Central"]
but if I try to send the message with this namespace the service
fails... (works OK without).

The question is. DOES this schema reflects the real API?
If not, is it correct to omit namespaces? (I checked it looks like the
Central is easy about it, even it's wrong from xml point of view).

Sincerely Yours,

Dmitry