[MOBY-l] services and their data types

maliha aziz maliha.aziz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 19:23:21 UTC 2007

Hi
sorry to bother you again. I was wondering if you could help me in figuring out how to link the the input output datatypes of a service with the entries in the main table that might be holding all known data types . oh and all of this is pertaining to biomoby ofcourse. I am actually confused because I donot have the biomoby schema infront of me so it all becomes kind of a guessing game.
My question is that if I retrieve a service and it has some inputs and outputs with certain data types how do I link these data types to the data types in the main repository (u know a table that holds all declared data types). Do you give IDz to the datatypes while declaring them that become foreign keys for the service inputs and outputs? If yes how do i retreive these IDz?
What I thought I could use were LSIDz. But then they are strings and although I am treating them as keys(not primary), I donot want to base my searching on LSIDz as they are strings and strings are not very reliable keys.

My question might have confused you here a bit ....

Would be really grateful if you could help me out :)

Regards

Maliha