[MOBY-l] REST Service registration

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Tue May 1 14:44:46 UTC 2007

Are you planning on coding in perl or java?

First, register the service using whatever method you wish (I use
Dashboard).

Second, create the code for the service;

If you are using JAVA,
http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Java/docs/ has information
for you (under Developing jMoby services)

If you are using Perl,
http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Java/docs/PerlMoses.html
explains how to create the service.

I would develop a hello world service that takes in a string and returns
whatever you wish. Once you get that working, the rest would be trivial
because all you would have to do instead of returning hello world is invoke
your rest service and return the response.

If you need further guidance, let me know. I am unsure of how much you know!

Thanks,

Eddie

  _____