[MOBY-l] Registration and CVS

Rajasekar Karthik karthik085 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 19:35:54 UTC 2007

On 2/16/07, Martin Senger <martin.senger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. Update registration: Once I register an object/service..., how can I
> > update it?
>

> You cannot - the BioMoby API does not allow it. You have to unregister and
> register again. Dashboard, however, helps you to do it:
>
> 1) Let display all service info in the 'service registration' panel (by
> checking 'Fill new service when selected in browser panel' and selecting a
> service you are interested in).
>
> 2) Unregister (by clicking a button).
>
> 3) Make changes in the srevice description.
>
> 4) Register again (by clicking another button).

That's what I have been doing till now. Since our XML is changing all the
time, including for the base objects, it is time-consuming task to
unregister and re-register the base objects and all the dependents on it.

As I am experimenting with local central, I can always run SQL queries
against mobyobject database. But, for a biologist in our team, the above
using dashboard might be a painful task.

The procedure is slightly more complex if you are using Signature RDF (you

--
Best Regards,
Rajasekar Karthik
karthik085 at gmail.com