[MOBY-l] open semi-semantic annotation tool

Benjamin Good goodb at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri Aug 24 19:43:56 UTC 2007

Hi all,

  I hope you might be interested in a little project that Eddie Kawas
and I have been working on over the summer that is now basically
functional.

  It (ED the Entity Describer) is a GreaseMonkey extension to the
Connotea social bookmarking system.  Very simply, it provides
Connotea users with the opportunity to use terms from controlled
vocabularies in combination with their own tags when they post
bookmarks.  It is designed to provide many of the benefits of
controlled vocabularies (consistency, non-ambiguity, relations
between terms) while maintaining all of the benefits of tagging
(speed, flexibility, personalization).

  You can find out more about what ED does, how to install it, and
how to use it on its wiki page: http://www.connotea.org/wiki/
EntityDescriber

  I'm very curious to hear what you think about it!

best regards
-Ben