[MOBY-l] DataInputs for complex services

Ola Spjuth ola.spjuth at farmbio.uu.se
Wed Aug 8 21:10:19 UTC 2007

Hello,

Thanks for a great framework, I am excited to add BioMoby features to
Bioclipse (http://www.bioclipse.net). However, I have some questions
to get things running:

How do I set up the PrimaryDataInput and SecondaryDatainputs for a
more advanced service in jMoby?
For example, the service 'runClustalwFast':

MobyService templateService = new MobyService("runClustalwFast");
MobyService[] validServices = worker.findService(templateService);

This gives me the following info from the service:

Primary inputs:
Name: 'sequences' - DataType: 'GenericSequence'

Primary outputs:
Name: 'alignment' - DataType: 'Clustalw_Text'

Secondary inputs:
Name: 'ktup' - DataType: 'Integer'
Name: 'gapext' - DataType: 'Float'
Name: 'transitions_weight' - DataType: 'Float'
Name: 'window' - DataType: 'Integer'
Name: 'topdiag' - DataType: 'Integer'
Name: 'matrix' - DataType: 'String'
Name: 'pairgap' - DataType: 'Integer'
Name: 'endgaps' - DataType: 'String'
Name: 'gapdist' - DataType: 'Integer'
Name: 'gapopen' - DataType: 'Float'

How do I set up the inputs with MobyDataObject's for this service?
The sample clients in CVS only deal with simple setups (id and
namespace) so some lines of example code would be really helpful.

Another question: How can I from the MobyDataType tell what format I
should expect to fill in? If it is 'GenericSequence', how can I tell
if i'm supposed to add a String? Can I look that up somewhere? And do
the MobyDataType's have constraints (like min/max values) etc? I have
also not really understood the key-value-datatype. Is it possible to
get the allowed keys from the MobyDataType in some way?

Cheers,

    .../Ola Spjuth