[MOBY-l] thank you and more question

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 15:31:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Hi moby-members:
>
> Thank you all for youe reply. That was very helpful. I read
> about the Class Ontology and Object Structure. Now I have two
> questions:
>
> 1. Why some classes such as ABI_Encoded, alignment, and
> SimpleAnnotatedJPEGImage, are in the Ontology document
> on-line, but not in the Dashboard DataType tree? Why Object
> itself is not in the Object Ontology list?
They should be ... Especially Object, since it is the root of the ontology!

> 2. Do I need to register every panel (namespace, service
> type, datatype,
> service) when I want to register a service? If I can leave
> the namespace blank, do I have to use the namespace register
> panel? How do I find about the article name?

To register a service, you only need the register service instance panel, unless
you would like to introduce a new namespace/service type/datatype.
The article name is the name that you give the datatype when you register your
service. For instance, if I register a service that consumes a DNASequence, I
might give it an articlename of 'sequence'. The name is entirely up to you when
you register the service.

> 3. My situation is that I am working on my local computer
> (Linux) and I will deploy on a remote server. What is
> different between service endpoint and RDF endpoint?

The rdf endpoint is the url that if I use a browser and point to the url, I can
view the full description of the service. The service endpoint is the url that a
client calls with the appropriate parameters to invoke your service.

Eddie