[MOBY-l] parsing large XML using java

Hoekman, Berend berend.hoekman at wur.nl
Thu Nov 9 12:29:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a problem parsing large xml, using java-moses in axis 1.4, i keep on running agains the:
        <faultstring>java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space; nested exception is: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space</faultstring>
error message.
When running tomcat 5.0 with 512mb of memory i can send at maximum +-4 mb of xml (i.e. one collection with +- 50.000 objects), and return also 50.000 objects in a collection.
This seems a bit odd as this whould imply that the xml is copied 100x when it is parsed.
If anyone has some suggesition/ideas how i nevertheless can parse my xml (30 - 50mb), i would like to know.

-Berend-