[MOBY-l] ./build.sh correction

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 04:11:32 UTC 2006

> I think the problem was I don't set up the JAVA_HOME correctly.. I suppose to
> set the JAVA_HOME to the exact path of where the Java is located.

   Actually, I do not think so. JAVA_HOME should point to the directory
where the whole Java is installed, not just 'bin' subdirectiry. This is
what I have on my machine:
   /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_10
      bin
         java (executable)
      demo
      include

   And my JAVA_HOME should be: export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_10.

   But, as a matter of fact, I do not have JAVA_HOME set at all. The
build.sh script will find it itself, assuming that java executable is on
your PATH.

   Regards,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger
   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)