[MOBY-l] RDF Agent

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 22:20:28 UTC 2006

Dear Service Providers,

It brings us great pleasure to finally announce that the RDF agent will be
placed on a cron job so that it can visit any and all of your registered
services on mobycentral.

For the next 2 months, the agent will be checking for invalid/dead services and
only *reporting* them to the provider. No service will be removed by the agent
at this time. However, changes in the service description that the agent
encounters when comparing what it knows versus what you have in your document
will be reflected in the registry.

After the 2 month period, we will either enable the removal of 'dead' services
or prolong the reporting of the dead services. Our decision will be based on
your concerns and feedback and will be reported to this list.

Our hopes are that service providers will use this time to generate RDF for
their services and update the registration details for their services
[http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca:8090/servlets/forms/getSignatureForm]. Once
your RDF has been generated, you can verify that the signatureURL has been set
properly by looking for the URL in the RDF document. If you cannot find it,
please contact us with the servicename/authority and we will look into the
reasons why the URL failed to update. Please make sure to place the RDF document
at the exact address that you specified when using the form.

In addition to updating your services, please take the added step of testing the
generated RDF
[http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca:8090/servlets/RDFAgent_test.html]. While
testing, the agent will tell you whether your services are syntactically
correct, and whether the agent can in fact read the remote RDF document. If the
document can be read and services are found, the agent will describe your
services.

If you encounter any problems while generating the RDF, updating your services,
or testing the agent, please post your concerns to the list so that we can solve
your problems and that others can benefit from the solutions found.

Thanks,

Eddie