[MOBY-l] bioMoby python timeouts

ywong at infobiogen.fr ywong at infobiogen.fr
Tue Sep 13 21:43:28 UTC 2005

What kind of problem do you have?

Do the problems occur when you try to reach a moby central or a service?

If you can't contact the moby central server, the cause maybe that by
default, as far as I can remember, the url of the moby server is
http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/MOBY05/mobycentral.pl

Since I had little time these month following the changes on this API, I
didn't change the default url.

In order to connect to the moby central directory just add to your Client
constructor the optional parameter url=<your moby central url>

you can have a trace of the transaction by changing the debug parameter to
True:

from bioMoby import Client

client=Client(url="http://myown.mobyserver.org/central.pl", debug=True")

This will help you diagnose problems with the central server.

for the latter, you should execute the service with the debug option set
to True, you may have a clue of what's going wrong.

Greetings,

Yan