[MOBY-l] problems with moby services

Morgan Langille mlangill at sfu.ca
Tue Oct 18 21:16:51 UTC 2005

This morning I decided try out some of biomoby's new functionality in
taverna (http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~tmo/mygrid/releases/latest/mobyguide/)
<http://www.ebi.ac.uk/%7Etmo/mygrid/releases/latest/mobyguide/>.
I followed the guide and I was able to get everything to work (except
for adding a service from within Moby Service Details pop up window). I
then added services that the moby object "DNAsequence" was used as input
for (very cool!). However, when I run the workflow with any service that
takes a DNAsequence it gives errors (2 services give "denied access to
method", 1 service gives "(500) Internal Error Service"). Is the problem
related to the services I am trying or is this a problem with the moby
object? Also, I was wondering why a DNAsequence object is used in the
guide instead of a GenericSequence object, which the runFasta service
uses (although I tested this and it works with both!)?

Slighty confused,

Morgan