No subject

Fri Nov 25 17:16:16 UTC 2005

reliability/interpretability of "semantic-free" cross-references, and
lurking dangers of loose service definitions, it sounds as though you are
beginning to lean toward the perspective that we can afford to be more
prescriptive about the "right way" to structure one's data and present
a "useful" interface to that data. While I don't want to push
too hard at this stage in one direction or another, I do think it's important
to respect the lurking danger of being so prescriptive that nobody
wants to take the big leap from the way they're already doing things
(presumably for some good reasons) to the way we've decided to look at things.

At any rate, your point below about focus is well taken. Believe it or not,
that is what I'm trying to do (in a vaguely academic, missive-oriented way).
Defining the behavior of the system would be a nice thing to accomplish...

Andrew