No subject

Fri Nov 25 17:16:16 UTC 2005

(though horrific) query, and we shouldn't prevent people from doing this.
The disadvantages of sending one request at a time are numerous, not the
least of which is the overhead of SOAP itself, which is painfully slow...
I'd rather claw my eyes out than have to do 1000 identical SOAP queries one
at a time!  Another problem is that some services will *require* a list...
e.g. sequence alignment services.  I don't want to have to define special
"list" objects on top of it all :-P

Given that we are going to eventually have some sort of error object, the
service provider can use this to choke if it thinks the query is
unreasonable... of course, it would be nicer to know this before the query
was submitted, especially when it comes to automating service transactions.

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae.com