[MOBY-l] RDF file problem

José María Fernández González jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Mon May 30 20:20:31 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,
	I have a different problem. CNB machines are behind a firewall which
doesn't allow a connection to 'strange' ports like 8090 (we have a very
restrictive security policy). I can solve it talking to CNB's sysadmins
(and signing a liability sheet), but it could be an annoyance if we had
to do it for many addresses and/or ports.

	With this annoyance, I'm concerned by those services which live on a
different port from HTTP and HTTPS ones. Those BioMOBY users behind a
firewall (like us) won't be able to use those services, and so they
could think the services are not working. I think we should include some
sort of warning about this potencial problem, and also we should
recommend MOBY service creators to use standard HTTP/HTTPS ports for
their services.

	Best regards,
		José María