[MOBY-l] 2 ontologies

Bruskiewich, Richard (IRRI) r.bruskiewich at cgiar.org
Mon May 30 00:00:23 UTC 2005

If by "biological logic" you mean *real* semantics, then I would hazard to
say that the domain modeling activity of the Generation Challenge Programme
is going in that direction, at least, for crop/plant science (though some of
the semantics is generic to all biology, of necessity).

It is interesting to note that human beings construct domain models, not
machines. Domain models cannot be autogenerated.  Real semantics is what
sets human beings apart from (practically) the rest of the animal kingdom,
let alone, the stupid (but ultra fast) machines that we've created in this
era.

Richard

"Daisy, daaaissy, ...."