[MOBY-l] Object ontology browser

Dirk Haase d.haase at gsf.de
Mon Jun 27 14:58:21 UTC 2005

Hi Yan,

On Thursday 16 June 2005 20:05, ywong at infobiogen.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've Built a ontology object browser in Java. It has the same
> functionalities than the Python version.
>
> For people using unix and windows:
>     http://yan.wong.free.fr/Public/jMOBrowser.zip
>
> unzip the file and launch the objectBrowser script

I just tried your object ontology browser and it works nice on our Linux
boxes. Just one remark: in the dialog which opens after selecting 'Browse a
Moby directory', I found the labels for the input fields very confusing. I
would prefer "Moby Central URL" instead of just "URL" and - even more
important - "Moby Central URI" instead of 'Namespace'. I first tried to
insert namespaces like "Global_Keyword"  in the latter one and got obscure
error messages...

Clicking the Root node always leads to a NPE - which does no harm besides
spoiling the start shell with ugly java errors...

But the rest of it is very nice!

Regards,
dirk