[moby] Re: [MOBY-l] jMoby bug?

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Wed Feb 2 19:35:12 UTC 2005

 From my experience, using more compliant parsers often
counterintuitively leads to more parsing problems.  The problem is not
usually the parser, but how the DOM query is formulated. This occurs,
for example, when you ask for tag "Simple".  A non-namespace compliant
or lax parser will give you the qualified Simple, whereas a proper
parser will give you nothing, because there is no namespaceless Simple
tag in the document, you must qualify your query with foo:Simple, where
foo maps to the MOBY namespace, or otherwise somehow declare the moby
namespace as the default for your queries.