[MOBY-l] Moses - Moby Services Support

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Aug 29 14:32:30 UTC 2005

Hi all,
   My first month at Philippines, at IRRI, is almost finished. So it's
time to announce some progress :-)
   I have commited code and a lot of documentation helping to write
Biomoby services in Java. The idea is to generate classes for all
registered data types and then generate skeleton for a new service. Its
developer can extend such skeleton , put there the business logic without
worries about the Biomoby XML and about the SOAP itself. These things
should be hidden.
   It is similar what Paul Gordon provides for the clients, but here you
can use strongly-type approach (having all data types generated). Or, you
can say, that we can have more ways to do the same, like in Perl :-)
   As (almost) a side-effect, the generated code, because it has rich
API/javadoc comments, can be used as a primitive browser of the biomoby
registry. Here you can see the API for all data types and for all services
as they are today (when I find a place where I can run a cronjob, we can
have this API up-to-date anytime you look):
   http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~senger/jMoby/APIservices/index.html

   The documentation is in jMoby and can be viewed at:
http://biomoby.org/moby-live/Java/docs/Moses.html.

   I hope you'll enjoy it and I am happy to hear your suggestions, bug
reports (remember there is also a bugzilla open now, but feel free to send
emails direcly to me) and anything bout Moses.

   With regards,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger
   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
International Rice Research Institute
Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)