[MOBY-l] Biomoby and Taverna 1.2

Rebecca Ernst rebecca.ernst at gsf.de
Thu Aug 4 07:11:25 UTC 2005

Hi there!

It might be boring for you that I start this topic again but the problem
still exists and within Planet we are getting in serious problems now
and I guess other people will also run into them!

Fact is, that old workflows don't work in Taverna 1.2 . According to Tom
this is not how it should be, software should always be downwards
compatible and that's how I see it,  too.

Now, due to the fact that it doesn't work but people want to make use of
the new, cool features of 1.2 they start developing services which run
on 1.2. as you can guess they don't work in 1.1. anymore.

It can't be a solution to develop biomoby workflows for every Taverna
version so could we please try to solve this problem now before lots of
people will have to change their services back and forth ??

If noone (except of Heiko Dirk and me) want the collections to be
changed in the BioMoby API we will have to change the default behaviour
of Taverna back to the old one!

Cheers,
Rebecca

--