[MOBY-l] deregistration by removal of RDF

Frank Gibbons fgibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 22 16:35:32 UTC 2004

Question about the new (de)registration scheme: a week or two ago, we
generated RDF for our existing services, which was produced as a single
file containing all services. Now I wish to deregister one service, leaving
the others intact. Obviously removal of the file is not an option, since
then everything is deregistered at once. Well, I suppose I could do that,
and then re-register everything, each with its own separate RDF document
(which would have the advantage of simplicity, but result in a lot of work
for me!) Another option is to edit the RDF (say, using IsaViz) to remove
the offending service. That's easy, but then I'm wondering, how does MOBY
Central *really* know what's registered? If it merely checks for the
PRESENCE of the RDF file, my service will remain registered, even though it
is no longer referred to in the RDF.

So, my question really is:

1. does MOBY Central's web agent READ what's in the file.

2. And, since I'm no longer allowed to de-register by making a function
call, how can I make MOBY Central aware of the deregistration in a prompt
manner?

Thanks,

-Frank

PhD, Computational Biologist,
Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons