[MOBY-l] versioning services...authentication...

Michael Jensen michael at acutrans.net
Wed Sep 8 18:39:45 UTC 2004

Are there suggestions for maintaining versions of your services? Say
you have a version 2 that is quite different than version 1, it would
seem you would either want to maintain version 1 as is, and register
version 2 as a new service (with a new name), or alternatively to
deregister service 1 and register service 2 with a new name. Maybe this
has been brought up before or maybe there is a better way?

Also, I am sure it has been discussed before, but what about
authentication for services? Say I have a service that I need you to be
a registered user for, how does that fit in with it all? Point me to
any previous discussions if this has been exhausted previously.

-Michael Jensen