[MOBY-l] Taverna workflows? Other GUIs?

Paul Gordon gordonp at cbr.nrc.ca
Fri Sep 3 17:52:28 UTC 2004

Michael Jensen wrote:

> Anyone have any Taverna workflows for BioMOBY? I tried building one
> real quick but it didn't work (first time using Taverna). Maybe we
> should have a few example workflows on the BioMOBY site?
>
> It may have been polled here before, but anyone using BioMOBY with
> something other than Java or Perl?

There is a Ruby API.

> Also, are there other GUIs like Taverna that work with BioMOBY?

You can link to MOBY services from Bluejay.  The GUI is being reworked
for memory-starved applets, so it may be a little gimpy for the next
couple weeks.  For a quick example, go to the applet at

http://bluejay.ucalgary.ca/test/

Once the welcome page has loaded, go Bookmarks->Viral Genomes -> SSV1.
Click on a gene with a functional category, wait a second, and you'll
get Moby services that take GO terms.  The results show up in a separate
windows.  Attached is an example image.