[MOBY-l] java client question

Benjamin Good bmg at sfu.ca
Mon May 17 09:38:08 UTC 2004

Dear Moby java developers,

 I am working on a java client and am having problems making it ask the
question "what services exist that accept this kind of input"?   I see
the example in the MobyCmdLineClient class, but can't seem to get it to
work properly.  It seems that a couple lines that may once have caused
the correct behavior have been commented out such that the service
request actually ignores information pertaining to inputs.  It seems
that perhaps this code is in the midst of a change???

Is there a newer version in progress somewhere?

Here is what appears to be the pertinent code from MobyCmdLineClient:

                if ((param = cmd.getParam ("-fs-in")) != null ) {
                    String[] inputs = StringUtils.split (param, ",");
                       for (int i = 0; i < inputs.length; i++) {
                        String[] parts = StringUtils.split (inputs[i], "=");
                        if (parts.length >= 2) {
//                             pattern.addInput (parts[0], parts[1]);
                        } else {
//                             pattern.addInput (parts[0], "");
                        }
                    }

thanks
-Ben