[MOBY-l] Java implemenation on Axis&In-Reply-To=s098f337.011 at gw.svsu.edu

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 13 23:01:55 UTC 2004

> So far, I haven't been able to find a step by step procedure/tutorial
> to register a service in Java to BioMoby.

   There is no step-by-step- procedure for java. Sorry for that...
   Here is what you *can* do:

1) Make sure that you know enought about *your* service (name, type,
input/output data etc.)

2) Try: ./run-cmdline-client -h
It gives you following help:

 To register a service:

   -rs-name  <service-name>
   -rs-type  <service-type-name>
   -rs-categ <service-category>
   -rs-desc  <service-description>
   -rs-auth  <service-authority>
   -rs-email <service-contact>
   -rs-url   <service-URL>
   -rs-main  <service-authoritative>  use: 1 or 0

   -rs-in    <inputs>
      <inputs> are comma-delimited names of inputs;
      each of them is a pair of an input type and a namespace
      separated by an equal sign... sorry

   -rs-ifile <files-with-inputs>
      <files-with-inputs> are a comma-separated list of
      file names defining input data; the files should
      have format of Java properties, e.g...

   One can combine both methods: -rs-in and -rs-ifile.

   -rs-out   <outputs>
      <outputs> are comma-delimited names of output types

   -rs-ofile <files-with-outputs>
      <files-with-outputs> are a comma-separated list of
      file names defining output data; the files should
      have format of Java properties, e.g...

   One can combine both methods: -rs-out and -rs-ofile.

3) You can start ./run-cmdline-client with some of the mentioned
parameters to register your service. But...

4) You need to register *first* the pieces that the service consists of -
like service type, and input/output data typs, and namespaces. The
command-line clinent run-cmdline-client can register all of them.

If these instructions are too abstract try to send here/me info about your
service and I will try to be more concrete.

   Regards,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger