[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] getPBfromGO

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 23:19:06 UTC 2004

> I have had no trouble using Java to decode a Base64 SOAP message body
> from any number of services (served from both Perl and Java).

   I second this. So far I have not noticed any interoperability issue
with base64. (I found some strange encoding provided by Axis - a Java SOAP
toolkit - for byte[][], but it was still okay - btw. every character was
encoded as an <item>X</item>... but that's not our case now.)

> jMOBY isn't giving me that service at the moment when I check the
> registry, so I can't test it.

   I am getting it from there just now. I am using a default URL from
jMoby (which is
http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/MOBY05/mobycentral.pl). I  am using;

./run-cmdline-client -fn getPBfromGO

and I am getting:

Name:     getPBfromGO
Type:     Retrieval
Category: moby
Auth:     www.pathbase.net
Desc:
consumes a Gene Ontology accession number and returns a collection of
associated Pathbase accession numbers.

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger