[MOBY] [MOBY-l] Interpreting results from Service->execute()

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 23:30:18 UTC 2004

> I don't think it's appropriate to delete people's services because they
> didn't update the Time To Live.

   I do, but that's perhaps just a matter of style. The important thing
you mentioned is hidden in your words "...to have an extra option...".
That's what I called metadata attached to a service. Moby should have a
general mechanism how to attached metadata - and then we can document
which metadata are encouraged to have - and the "time of the last access"
may be one of them. But important is to add this mechanism "from the top"
(having an API for it) and let perhaps service providers to fill/use it
"from the bottom".

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger